The holiday season is here, and there's a lot to do! With everything that's happening outside of the office, it can be tough to stay focused at work. Here are a couple of tips to help get you through to the New Year without losing too much productivity.
• Keep work and personal life separate as much as possible. It can be easy to fall into the trap of intermingling work and home life, and it's probably not a problem during other times of the year. During the holiday season do what you can to NOT take work home with you. Burnout is tough to avoid and maintaining strong boundaries can help keep you more focused when it's time to get work done.
• Try to keep distractions to a minimum when you are at the office. Keep your online shopping and internet browsing for the evenings.
• If you're able, take a couple of days off around the holiday season and year-end. When you know you'll be out of the office over the holiday season, it's easier to make the most of your time there.
• Prioritize important projects. Scheduling a few critical projects that need to be completed in a timely manner will help you to stay on track.
• Have some fun! Don't forget that it's a wonderful time of the year and one that should be enjoyed. Try to sprinkle in some fun in between your work and home responsibilities. Have some fun and don't overburden yourself, whether at home or at work!
The holidays can quickly become a time of year where you feel swamped and anything but festive. Take some time for yourself and be sure to throw some holiday cheer into your daily routine!
Need Help? Request a callback